Here are answers to some commonly asked questions about Python Temple.
I installed the software, is there anything else I need to do?
- Our installer provides all the tools and mods you need to begin coding. Just start up your Minecraft launcher and log into your account.
- Before you start, make sure you edit your profile to use Forge. Select the right version and save your profile.
- Start your modding editor by clicking the icon on your desktop:
I finished typing my code. How do I start the program in minecraft?
- To activate your code in Minecraft press the “/” key and type the following command: “/python mc”
My code is not working! What do I do?
- If your code is not working make sure your code syntax (grammar) is correct.
- Common mistakes are missing commas, periods, forgetting to indent (tab) after conditional statements.
- Feel free to pause or rewind the video to see the correct code.
- If all else fails and your code is still not working, watch the “Debugging and Troubleshooting” video or use the debugger tool located in the folder provided on your desktop labeled “Python Temple Debug”.
I am stuck in the map and cant get out.
- Although Python Temple map is an adventure map, we do have Minecraft cheats enabled in case you get stuck! Change into creative and fly or break out of wherever you are stuck.. remember no cheating!
- To change your gamemode from adventure to creative press the “/” button on your keyboard and type this command: “/gamemode c”
- To go back into adventure mode type: “/gamemode a”
I have my code editor open but I can’t locate the py.mc file! Where do I find it?
- If you have closed your mc.py file in the editor go ahead and click on the Brainstorm modding editor icon on your desktop to restore it.