- Introduction: TextToSpeech
- Step 1: Creating a new project
- Step 2: Adding the UI
- Step 3: Adding the TextToSpeech component
- Step 4: Aligning the UI
- Step 5: Changing Label Text
- Step 6: Editing the Sliders
- Step 7: Changing Button Text
- Step 8: Renaming the Sliders
- Step 9: Checkpoint
- Step 10: Navigating to the Programming Section
- Step 11: Coding the Button
- Step 12: Coding the Pitch Slider
- Step 13: Coding the Speed Slider
- Step 14: Checkpoint
Project Goal: This project will show you how to create a “Text-to-Speech” type app.
In this app, the goal is for the user to be able to enter any text and have the phone speak it back to them.
Text will be entered using something called a TextBox and the speaking will occur after a Button is pushed.
We will also add 2 Sliders for the user to be able to adjust the Pitch and SpeechRate of the voice.
Be sure to have gone over the Introduction project to learn/refresh on how to create and test projects.